Categories of hosting solutions
A hosting service involves hoarding and/or sharing particular web content on a hosting server hosted by a web hosting company. There are different varieties of hosting services utilized for different goals, so let's take a gaze at these. Thus, you can decide what you want, based on whether you wish to run a weblog, e-mail accounts, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a service furnished by some web hosts, which enables you to share immense files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, and so on. This service is also known as file storage, and its only purpose is to share files, since it does not offer web site uploading. The moment the files are uploaded, you will either receive an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to read a register of all the files in a directory, but you will not be able to view .html or .php web files in your browser. Free file hosting accounts are often supported by exhibiting advertisements beside the download links, while a timer obliges you to await a particular interval of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you have a paid file hosting account, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At the moment, with the assistance of the cPanel hosting distributors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more faddish "cloud hosting". This is an entirely wrong interpretation of the actual connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud website hosting environment would split the load between different packs of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending various web space hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, statistics, DNS, databases, site hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a brand of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: close to file hosting; some vendors offer a hosting solution for pictures exclusively. This hosting brand is good if you want to share a vast amount of images with friends or associates since the solution is typically free of cost. You will receive a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for web sites.
- Email hosting: a service devoted to managing your email address accounts. Some vendors offer web page hosting solutions for sites, but do not provide an email solution. If you desire to launch a mail address with your domain name but do not want to run a website, then the e-mail hosting service is what you want. You can set up e-mail box accounts and administer them, but there will be no web service for the domains. The e-mail hosting service involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share video files. You can either share a link to a given video file, or you can embed the video clip in your web site that is hosted elsewhere. The benefit of using this method instead of uploading the video in a hosting account is that the video clip creates a given amount of central processing unit load, so with a couple of video files and a few hundred web site visitors, you may have trouble with your web hosting reserves. Embedding the video file will enable you to own as many videos as you want without hassling about system quotas.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you need if you wish to own a website. To some degree, it consists of all of the aforementioned hosting kinds since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can run databases and email box accounts, upload videos, etc. At Lonex, for instance, you can take a peek at web hosting and dedicated hosting plans that permit you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single location. There may be limits depending on the sort of hosting solution that you've picked - a free hosting plan, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Depending on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared with the normal e-mail/file/video/image hosting accounts that are devised for particular content exclusively.